Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Update

Sorry for the lack of posts on this blog.


I think I now have the final layout for the system - 5 across and 8 up. And the 5 below are now symbolised by actual halves etc...



As you can also see from above I have my 3d prototype almost finished.

I also handed in my first draft of the written dissertation last Friday. I am actually finding the writing part easier than the practical (a statement I thought I would never say). I am still trying to get my head around EyesWeb and looking around the internet at other technologies I could use to detect the position. With the webcam I got off the college not working on vista and my handy cam needing to be replaced I haven’t been able to do all the testing needed as I cant seem to link up my inbuilt camera to EyesWeb. I also e-mailed one of the other tutors in UL whom I was told was the EyesWeb expert but he informed me that the weakest thing with EyesWeb is the documentation, I might try and arrange a quick tutorial with him over the coming weeks if possible. Derrick, one of my fellow students, found a way to do some web detection through flash so I also might ask him for a quick tutorial on that for a fallback option

I will have my 3D prototype up by the end of the week.

No comments: